Home Made Mixed Spice/Rempah Kuih

Author: Mel // Category:
I have been searching the net and even cookbooks but finding a recipe for home made mixed spice seemed to elude me til recently. I've got 2 recipes actually. One from my MIL (mother in law, God bless her soul) and another one when I was browsing through Popular bookstore at Ikano Power Center. I came across it in a Singaporean cookbook. I did not take note of the author's name but I will go there again and take the picture of the cover and upload it here soon, just in case anyone is interested.

I shall not publish her recipe here for I don't want to infringe into any copyright rules unless I take the time to write her and ask for permission. It's best that if you are interested, to get the cookbook yourself. I know, I know. You don't know the title of the book. I will let you know later.

What I will tell you here, however, is that the author uses star anise,nutmeg and ALOT of cardamom.

Please do not be disheartened dear readers. I shall give you my MIL's recipe. It's lovely and the taste is not as strong as a store bought mix. I really dislike the one from Bake with Yen, though my Mom seems to like it. It depends, you know. If you love the taste of strong spices, then by all means get it for yourself. If you are like me, who prefers a fragrant and not so empowering taste of spices in the Lapis cake, then make this one. I figure, everyone will be able to eat your cake.

0 Responses to "Home Made Mixed Spice/Rempah Kuih"

Post a Comment